toggle cbox

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Gawain Formula, tag: Michael Dameron! | 16th century
Michael Dameron
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 02:34 PM
Apollo // Offline
45 posts
35 years old
Torchwood
Time Agent
Children of Time

ARAMIS / ONE DORK, COMING UP

Michael couldn't help glancing down at the armour he was wearing, knowing as he did that it was all to maintain the ruse of being from the time period. Sure, it made some logical sense... since cops and knights both kept the peace. BUT... he didn't particularly feel as if Hawkins' mention was of a complimentary nature.

That was why he glanced up slowly, though he didn't say anything about his choice of attire. Instead, he answered the other man's question with a tilt of the head. "A year ago..." he said and paused, looking faintly sheepish for a moment. "You know, five hundred or so years in the future." Yep, time travel really did make things a lot more confusing than they had to be.

Even so, taking the glass he was offered, he held it between his hands a moment before raising it to his lips, eyeing the other man from over the rim as he did so. It was only when he answered the question he'd asked, did Michael lean forward, idly settling the glass on a table close at hand. Hearing everything from another point of view never helped... and so knowing Hawkins' reasoning for not coming back... it made sense.

But it didn't mean Michael was giving up.

Instead, he leaned forward, clasping his hands... and looked up, a frown on his face. "Well, I don't have a partner. They never assigned me one. So... if you were to come back, I can request that we be assigned to work together," he began, giving the other man a look that showed he was trying to do his best to be anything but pushy, but he had to get him back. Tommasi requested this. "What you see is what you get with me... and I'll have your back if you have mine. I don't want to be erased any more than you do... and if they try again, you'll see you won't have to run by yourself. Besides, I don't think they're willing to have good people back, just to lose them again..."

And he moved to stand again, coming nearer. "I know it's a lot to ask for... but if you don't trust them... at least trust me. My word is my bond..." he said quietly, offering his hand. "And eventually... I wanna know what you mean about being erased..."

PM
^
Merriman Hawkins
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 05:06 PM
Ivy // Offline
36 posts
34 years old
Time Agency
My head is bloody, but unbowed
Children of Time

If the man wasn't going to accept the compliment, Hawkins wasn't going to push the matter. He just quirked the faintest of smiles over his glass.

"You can change into something more comfortable if you wish. Clothes are in the cupboard behind your right shoulder.

So saying, he pulled out parchment and ink, business waited for no man. Hawkins did vaguely wonder if it was a crush or intimidation riding the agent in front of him so hard. Maybe it was both. It was a good thing that Hawkins was distracted too. Even still, the revelation that the agent in front of him was from the 21st century thereabouts left him discomfited enough to break the nib of his pen.

I don't want to be erased any more than you do.

Hawkins watched the other man give his pitch intently. He was flattered that Dameron was willing to bend so far just to get him to agree to come back. Even if that determination was more for the job than him in particular. He didn't think there was a soul who could replace his old partner or change the fact he didn't know what happened, but that didn't make the offer less appreciated.

He'd be lying if he said he wasn't considering.

Of course, he was a liar.

"Why would you offer that to a stranger? Why not just bring me back by force? You're certainly equipped to try."

Hawkins stared intently at the man's hand as the seconds stretched by. Then he finished his drink, signed the document in front of him with a flourish, and finally grasped the man's hand slowly. His body was tense, expecting to find himself vanishing at any second, because it was easy to say you were trustworthy regardless of if you were or not.

Only one way to find out.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Michael Dameron
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 08:59 PM
Apollo // Offline
45 posts
35 years old
Torchwood
Time Agent
Children of Time

The offer of clothes came as a small surprise, and Michael would have been lying if he said he hadn't considered it... but he knew that he couldn't actually accept. Not only because he didn't plan to stay long enough to need anything else to wear.. but also, the idea of leaving the armour behind wasn't a good choice. He'd been given it by his superiors in the Time Agency, and while he knew that they could just steal another... well. He didn't want to have one of his first real missions go that way.

So, he just offered a smile and a softly worded 'thanks', before he was going on, letting the other man know his pitch. If there was one thing that he knew most, it was that his bosses didn't just assume about their Agents... they had to have a reason for wanting Hawkins back. He wasn't about to question that, even if he had his own opinions about the man.

So... noticing the nib of the other man's pen having broke, he said nothing at first, knowing... well, if he was nervous about going back to his proper time, he had every reason to be, if what he said was true. More than that, this had been his home for long enough to get comfortable. Leaving was never easy.

Instead of adding more pressure, Michael just leaned back, giving the other man time to think... before the questions caused him to startle slightly. He hadn't expected them... but almost immediately, he found himself leaning forward again, that hand still outstretched. "Because I want you to come back of your own volition, and to trust me. If we're gonna be partners... we need to start there. Besides, I don't think either of us wants to get punched in the face right now. Am I right?" he said with a hint of a cheeky, playful smile... though, all while knowing as he did that Hawkins might have been as skittish as a rabbit in that moment, and if the whole 'erasing' thing was to be believed, he had plenty of reason.

Yet, the second that Hawkins took his hand and grasped it, Michael just let his grip tighten... and he allowed that smile he was wearing to grow nail it was a bright, relieved thing. "So... what do you say we leave this place?"

PM
^
Merriman Hawkins
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 10:09 PM
Ivy // Offline
36 posts
34 years old
Time Agency
Children of Time

Hawkins tilted his head slightly when he didn't find himself immediately vanishing off to parts and times unknown. Or Terrenus, which was technically 'parts known'. He'd visited it... well, a while ago from his perspective. Possibly not the best idea, but he hadn't been thinking about laying low. Just about trying to find information about his missing partner.

No point in sulking over spilled ink though. Or a missed opportunity to brawl.

"I thought you'd never ask." Hawkins winked, acting for all the world as if he hadn't been dodging this particular draft. "My will's done up. I just need you," he fixed the nib again and handed it to Dameron, "to sign."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Michael Dameron
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 01:50 AM
Apollo // Offline
45 posts
35 years old
Torchwood
Time Agent
Children of Time

The look of surprise on Hawkins' face was something that Michael would think about later... but in the moment, he had to admit that this was going better than he'd thought it might. He'd originally thought the they would have to fight, and he'd have to knock the guy out... but now, with Hawkins actually agreeing? It made everything seem a little less worrisome.

Sure, they still had to actually get back to their time-frame.. but they could. Hopefully.

Smirking as they parted from the hand-shake, Michael couldn't help but smirk back at his newfound partner and just chuckled, knowing a real sense of relief. "Well, I kept trying to, but you're the stubborn one," he teased, only to arch a brow ever so slowly at the other man. The pen and parchment set down on the desk... was a curiosity. "Wait, what do you mean... sign?" he asked and moved closer, so he could bend over the paper to read it, even as he took up the pen. "What is this?"

PM
^
Merriman Hawkins
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 08:59 AM
Ivy // Offline
36 posts
34 years old
Time Agency
Children of Time

Shaking hands and making deals with strangers was commonplace to Hawkins. So was lying to their face with a smile. He'd not made his mind up as to which side of all the time agency kerfluffle that he fell on, and he would have stayed well out if not pressed. The man supposed he'd have to figure it out. Because he wasn't accustomed - or desirous to become so - betraying friends.

"Lord Damian Kestrel's will. Witnesses are required."

Hawkins was surprised the man seemed confused by the concept. Technically, he could forge a signature just fine, but there was something poetic about asking Dameron to do it.

"You always try to sneak visits in, of course. But there's no guarantee. I prefer to be prepared."

Better to cut himself off than loop back on his own timeline inadvertently

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Michael Dameron
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 03:10 PM
Apollo // Offline
45 posts
35 years old
Torchwood
Time Agent
Children of Time

"Oh," was all that Michael could say, because... well, even in the modern age, they needed witnesses for wills, and if this man was coming with him to the present-day... well, whatever he could do to help settle his affairs and mind, he'd do. Besides, there was the idea that while he might have disliked leaving a mark on the past... there wasn't much use for it, was it? He didn't have much choice.

So... he bent over the paper, quill in hand... and signed his name deftly, his eyes going to the other man once the ink was on the parchment and the sprawling words were there before him. Yep, he might have wanted nothing more than to travel away from there, but he would do whatever Hawkins needed to do to have some peace of mind.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. Better than leaving everyone to think you disappeared..." he said and arched a brow at the other man. "No wife, here... right? Kids?" he added, and turned away, shaking his head a little. "I get the attraction when it comes to a time like this, but... the rampant disease and everything really is a turn-off," he added, just before grabbing up the helmet he'd set down on the table. "Ready to go?" he asked and frowned. "I'll make it easier by offering to buy you a drink at my favourite pub. Should soften the blow of not smelling this place anymore..."

PM
^
Merriman Hawkins
 Posted: Oct 5 2017, 07:44 AM
Ivy // Offline
36 posts
34 years old
Time Agency
Children of Time

Hawkins hadn't really expected the man to sign with his God given name, but he let it go. There was something strangely touching about the gesture, as if he had to actually work at lying.

"No wife, here... right? Kids?"

His thoughts flirted with the dark remembrance of all the family he had lost and with everything he'd observed at the agency.

"Would it matter to you and your superiors if I did? Or wouldn't you drag me back just the same?"

The time agent shook his head slightly, hair tumbling a little over his eyes.

"'Rampant disease?' I could say the same about your time." Particularly in comparison to the 51st century. He didn't push though. It wasn't worth getting into an argument about, potential partner or not. Instead, Hawkins just filed away the will and grabbed a bag of his dearest possessions and slung them over his shoulder.

"Ready to go?"

"If I must," he replied lightly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Michael Dameron
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 01:06 PM
Apollo // Offline
45 posts
35 years old
Torchwood
Time Agent
Children of Time

Honestly, Michael wouldn't have said yes to Hawkins' question about a family in this time frame... if only because he didn't actually want to fail this mission. Indeed, the more he thought about it, the harder it would be to drag a man away from his family... but, in his heart of hearts, he didn't think this guy had one. So... it honestly felt as if it was merely a test.

A test that he was going to pass.

"Not really," he said but there was a twitch of his lips that showed that he was amused by such a question... because yes, he would drag his prey back to the present, if only because he was ordered to by his boss. She had a level of trust and faith in him that he didn't want to fail... and besides, he really would have enjoyed dragging Hawkins back... no matter what. "But I would have taken it into account."

Even so, the mention of disease? Caused one brow to rise a moment before he shook his head and reached for the other man's arm, making his hand grip his forearm, knowing that the strap on his wrist wouldn't work properly unless he had a physical hold on the other man. With that, he just nodded... before hitting the buttons with his free hand and flashed them both forward to the present... where they were now standing in a side room of the Agency... and where, he knew... a series of lockers stood to the side, where they could change.

"If you want to change, there's a set of clothes in the locker marked '231'," he said lightly before shaking off the other man's hand to go to his own. "I can't wait to get out of this armour. It pinches in all the wrong places."

PM
^
Merriman Hawkins
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 09:34 PM
Ivy // Offline
36 posts
34 years old
Time Agency
Children of Time

Hawkins shook his head slightly, not surprised in the least. The man in front of him seemed quite devoted to his rules. That made him frustratingly also equally devoted to the agency, but Hawkins suspected it wouldn't keep him from honoring his word here.

And if not.... well, it wasn't as if Aramis had said he'd stay. Just that he'd help Dameron here mark his mission off as complete.

"Luckily for you, my family is long dead."

He was to them. They were to him. Pesky interdimensional walls always getting in the way.

When they arrived, Aramis rubbed an ear to get rid of the pressure displacement slightly.

"I'm fine with these. Doesn't do any harm to show when I've been here."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Michael Dameron
 Posted: Oct 24 2017, 03:06 PM
Apollo // Offline
45 posts
35 years old
Torchwood
Time Agent
Children of Time

"A shame," Michael tossed over his shoulder, knowing as he did that family was everything. His own parents were... well, both dead, so he understood it, but his sister was close by, and he kept tabs. It was important to him... part of his identity. Family was a part of his reasons for joining the Agency in the first place... because he wanted to protect those he loved. That, and make Claudia proud.

Even so... he just turned to look over his shoulder at his newfound friend and sketched a nod at him, glad to be back in his own time. There were few comforts that were as nice as not stepping in horse-shit when walking through the streets, and it was comfortable, not being stuck in armour for another day. If anything, he was actually looking forward to sweatpants and a tee-shirt.

Even so, beginning to peel the armour off, he just eyed the other man over his shoulder a moment, before offering a shrug. "There's probably more comfortable clothing in that locker, you know. None of that looks particularly relaxing," he said, eying the other man's clothing. "That, and I have a feeling that Tommasi won't want to see you in anything but clothes of this period..."

With that, he let out a sigh. "Why did you even want to stay back there, anyway?"

PM
^
Merriman Hawkins
 Posted: Nov 27 2017, 08:01 PM
Ivy // Offline
36 posts
34 years old
Time Agency
Children of Time

"Comfort," the former Lord Kestrel said slowly, "is about what you are accustomed to. And I've been in that time frame for more than a few years now."

He kept his tone easy and polite, but he had no desire to change into clothes he had not picked out for himself. Besides which, while yes he had and was considering taking the man up on being his new partner if all went well, that didn't mean that Hawkins was ready to open up just yet either. Shedding his Kestrel identity fully would be. He wasn't even sure which alias that Dameron had been sent to retrieve, so for now he would rather play it safe.

"I don't know Tommasi. And if they really want me, then they'll know I don't keep to any of your time period's fashion sense." It would be terribly ironic if Michael had actually been sent after a good agent, like Javic, perhaps.

He hadn't moved away as the other man began to strip out of his armor finally though. Hawkins remained looking cool as as a cucumber, relaxed and appearing to not be paying much attention.

"Why did you even want to stay back there, anyway?"

Aramis couldn't precisely say that it was far enough back that most of the history he'd learned all his life was still accurate, now could he? After all, coffee to his knowledge should have already been present. A small enough thing, but enough to rankle slightly.

"I had chosen to be there. I assume you're familiar with the concept of choosing your own home?"

Somewhere far away from too much technology that would bring back unwanted memories.

"I'm still fairly certain you have the wrong man, but I won't have your fate on my conscience either should you be right."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Affiliates [ View All | Link-us | Apply ]
RPG-D CAUTION Shine Shadowplay Candyland Couture Out of the Ashes Hope Awakens Pandorica Extremis 

skinned exclusively by ree of shine. cfs by black. do not reproduce.